Where IT Security focuses on the broader existing and potential threats to your Company’s infrastructure, Fraud Security proactively protects your organisation from specific, deliberate attempts to compromise your systems for criminal purpose. This requires an additional layer of understanding about fraudulent behaviour and the tactics employed, and as such involves an additional layer of protection to guard your critical systems and protect your clients.
With UK retail Fraud reaching over £850M last year and many a Security Vendor referring to 2014 as the ‘Year of the Breach’ there has never been a more apposite moment to act to mitigate the risk of Fraud to your business. New threats require new solutions; after all, some might suggest that Fraud is ‘The Cops and Robbers end of security’, and the part that is constantly and most rapidly inventing and reinventing itself.
These increasingly sophisticated exploits require a more analytical and robust approach to support early detection and remediation with many newer solutions now using pooled intelligence.
How we work
It starts with a briefing session, where our team explore your current coverage, assess your current protection and recommend only the protection your requires. Seric work with a number of software providers to afford our clients a strong line of defence against wilful attacks, only deploying fully accredited implementation professionals to plan, install and monitor your new fraud protection systems.
We currently offer three highly specified Fraud solutions: Omlis, unbreakable encryption; ThreatMetrix, Advanced Fraud Prevention for mobile and online Fraud; and i2
Seric are EMEA implementation partners of Omlis. Omlis is a new and very exciting platform technology that offers greatly increased protection and yet simple elegance and convenience in all aspects of sensitive data protection and personal financial transaction processes. Omlis represent a portfolio of intellectual property, formalised know-how and software based on a revolutionary new mathematical conjecture and a novel suite of algorithms. Omlis encryption only exists in the context of a mobile data world. Doing away with the flaws of a protected private key, The Omlis Mobile Payment solution uses an uncrackable one time key for each and every transaction. The Mobile Payment solution is:
- Designed ground up with user convenience and benefits in mind;
- ‘Infinitely’ more secure novel encryption method;
- A system not vulnerable to cryptographic attacks;
- Very low MCPU data processing requirements;
- Peripheral free dematerialised processes;
- Fully Integrate-able with existing architecture/ systems;
- Tiered architectural mobile security –Omlis is not a collection of EDM extensions; and
- A dynamic closed process with no open system data or Mobile applications.
- Very convenient and user friendly mobile account and transaction management;
- Optical financial transactions at POS (Point of Sale);
- Mobile close field communication financial transactions at POS (Point of Sale);
- Instant access to secure network systems at the touch of a finger;
- Eradication of passwords and key entries (Beyond password management);
- Remote instant transaction verifications; and
- An extensive portfolio of secure mobile data security features.
To learn more about Omlis’ unique encryption method and the Mobile Payments solution contact us today to arrange a briefing session.
ThreatMetrix screens site visitors to prevent account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registration, enterprise web fraud, malware, and data breaches. The ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network, which now analyzes over 700 million transactions monthly, provides context aware security and online fraud prevention solutions to help companies accelerate revenue, reduce costs and eliminate friction. ThreatMetrix protects over 2,000 customers and 10,000 websites across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government, and insurance.
Real Time Fraud Protection
ThreatMetrix delivers real-time insight, so you can uncover potential payment fraud before transactions are authorized.
Every business has different risk thresholds and normal user behavior profiles, and these constantly change as hackers and fraudsters evolve their attacks. ThreatMetrix provides the intelligence and tools necessary to adapt to new risks based on your organization’s needs, thereby easing your security administration’s burden and lessening the need for manual resources and reviews.
These powerful tools allow you to:
- Confidently approve transactions from legitimate, trusted users;
- Be automatically alerted to developing threats as they materialize across the globe;
- Obtain a benchmark of “Best Practices” that can be utilized to develop and tune policies and rules;
- Avoid accepting transactions from devices compromised by malware;
- Implement step-up measures or manual reviews for suspect transactions or transactions that exceed a risk threshold specific to your business; and
- Deny high-risk transactions from known bad actors.
Fraud is a growing risk to business, estimated to cost the UK £52bn per year. To help our customers combat the identification and investigation of fraud, or related activities, the Seric Analytics practice uses IBM i2, an integrated suite of Analytics tooling with a strong pedigree in law enforcement and defence.
IBM i2 allows our customers to automate fraud identification through analytical modelling and pattern matching, then investigate all aspects of this to determine root cause and gather evidence.